Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Rest Day"

So here we are with our first rest day. Now any of you exemplary scholars would have noticed the quotations around the title. It's a psuedo rest day, meaning that our body will get a nice day of rest but our mind sure won't.






So our body needs a good rest after two days of good mass workouts and a day of crossfit.  Now you all are probably a lot more fortunate than me because I still have track practice today so I dont get to taste my own medicine. But enough about my complaining of life. That's what suicide hotlines are for......right? Anyways, all offensive jokes aside, we need rest to give our muscles time to repair. Don't treat this rest time as lazy time. Use it to further your knowledge about something that interest you. If you have an injury, take time to read about it. If you need to revamp your diet (discussed later) then read about that.

I guess the point is that rest doesn't exist in the world of fitness. There is always something that can be done.

Random knowledge of this rest day: Peanuts are not a nut at all. In fact, they are a legume because they grow underground. SO for all you paleo people out there. BE WARNED!

Workout

REST DAY (but since I have track not really)

5 mile run. AVG mile time of 7:40.

No comments:

Post a Comment