I apologize to my fellow people on their quest to become the fittest individuals possible. I was booked up the past few days. Two track meets and practice and math homework. Conics in calculus. Really? But that's beside the point, now the title for this post relates to a personal thing I realized. NEVER accept any limits of excuses.
Now I know this isn't a lady of fitness but in the spirit of track he is the most amazing man ever. I give brownie points to any person who can name him and kudos to those who can state his famous quote. Comment below .
So I was recently in my track meet and I was all warmed up and ready to run the 1600m. As I walked up to the starting line, I couldn't help but notice the size of all those around me. As said by someone, "You looked like a man among boys". And then the gun went off and the race began. It was a decent race, not what I had hoped for but it was good enough. I got a 5:39. But immediately looking at all the sub 5 minute milers, I saw that they were all probably 130 pounds and extremely skinny. I began to think, well they beat me just because I am not the ideal body type, I have too much weight being close to 190lbs. And then immediately I struck those thoughts down. I was making excuses and setting limits for myself based upon others. It's been said, "don't let what others can do interfere with what you can do". What a load of Bologna! That phrase may be slightly true, but others also give us the fuel and desire to beat them. I know I may be a good 60 pounds heavier then all the other runners on the track and it may take that much more strength to beat them, but it's not about body type. It's about passion and hard work. There is no substitute for hard work in the world of fitness. And I know that I may be behind them, but I will personally guarantee that I will work harder and longer than any one of those other guys because I am determined. So for the next time I meet them on the track, I will be ready to show them the new and improved me. So moral of my little story here is, never limit yourself and make excuses. With hard work and determination, you can achieve anything physically that you wish to attain. But there is no easy way to do it. It takes a huge heart and hours upon hours of extreme training.
Now down to the real business. The workouts.
Thursday
1600m 5:50 :(
100m 13.17s
4x400m 1:01 (split)
Friday
Rest (meet the next day)
Saturday
1600m 5:39 ehh its getting somewhere
800m (DMR) right after the mile. 2:27 split. Sorry team
4x200m 26.1 (split) Not bad for a miler
Sunday
4x(5,5,5,15)
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Decline Bench Press
3x(6,6,6)
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
3x(10,10,10) SUPERSET
Straight Standing Cable Flyes
Diagonal Standing Cable Flyes
Downward Standing Cable Flyes
Abs
2x(15,15)
Full Range Sit Up + Twists 4lb Ball
Inverted Thrusters

"...it's not about body type. It's about passion and hard work. There is no substitute for hard work in the world of fitness. And I know that I may be behind them, but I will personally guarantee that I will work harder and longer than any one of those other guys because I am determined. So for the next time I meet them ... I will be ready to show them the new and improved me"
ReplyDeleteEvery time I step into the weight room, this exactly what runs through my mind.
Noble words, and quoted for truth!