Well oh my goodness I had a busy weekend! And it took a toll on my body and mind! It killed my legs beyond belief! Lets consider the happenings: Friday-15 mile bike ride, dance. Saturday-Snowboarding, woke up at 3:30.
So here I am on Sunday beat beyond all belief. I mean sure I had a fun time Friday at the dance, which turned out to end on a good note. And snowboarding on the next day! I mean bliss right! NO!!!!
15 mile bike ride from Colombus parkway to lake Herman road back to rose and up was not fun! The hills may not have been that steep but they sure did burn. Using those slow twitch fibers that we all hate to use. And dancing! Whew talk about a workout! I mean expressing yourself through the art of dance in NON-AWKWARD ways can take a toll on the Quads.
But heres the real point of this post! I may not have done a whole lot of actual working out the past three days, but it doesn't mean that your body isn't being worked! So just because you are not lifting or running doesn't mean that you don't need to rest or get sleep. Sleep is the most important part of any workout routine! Never less than 8 hours! And if I can get 8 hours a night then you can to. No excuses. If you can't get 8 hours a night then you either have an IQ so low that you should just save the world by removing yourself from society or you need some sort of help if you willingly watch T.V. rather than sleep. Our body repairs itself and regenerates at the most efficient time of the day. When is that? When you sleep!!!! So instead of eating cookies (which are not paleo) and watching GLEE or House or basketball (which is boring) close those eyes and realize what your missing! Just curl up into a fetal ball under a warm blanket and feel the gains being put on....or maybe that's just me. Anyways! Sleep!

No comments:
Post a Comment