Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quality Over Quantity

Waddup! It's Thursday night and here I am blogging about fitness. Some say I have no life. Some say I need a girlfriend, and some say its just not healthy. But in the period of time I feel something amazing. I think that it is something similar to enlightenment......or i'm just not through my runners high.

Only because it's track season!




So what was the agenda for today. Track practice, workout, and then homework. The usual.


Track

2 Southampton loops (tougher way)
run to entrance to State Park and back

Totals, 5 miles and long hills.


So I may not have pushed myself to the point of race status, but that doesn't mean I didn't get a good workout. Get out of here with all that knowledge. SO a 5 mile run, yeah big deal right? Yeah it is, especially if you throw in those hills. They are not steep in any way, but they last for a good half mile. And doing that hill twice. It sure takes a toll on the calves. It was a good workout. From my arch supports in my shoes ( I have falling arches) I got some massive blisters. And by the Knights of Colombus they hurt! But you need to ask yourself, can blisters debilitate a man in any way? NO! Pain is pain, if it's no significant injury, then you better not complain or skip practice! It's just not an option or else it becomes a habit! I am thinking of a man that rhymes with Shmotis. Haha. No i love otie, he ran today, and I give him my kudos!

Workout

6x(4,4,6,6,8,10)

Squats
Deadlifts

2x(10,10)

Leg Curl
Side Squats

1x(30)

Bar Squats
Front Bar Squats
Leg Curls

Abs

3x1:00 leg lifts
2x1:00 planks
1x15 inverted thrusters

It may seem like a short workout but if you do it right, I guarantee it will be felt the next day. Now I want to make sure we all now what good squat form is. It doesn't matter the weight or count that your at, what matters is how your squat mechanics are. So look at your toes. Are the flat and straight? We want heels on the ground at all times. Chest out and head looking straight forward. Hips and butt back and when you go down, go past 90 degrees if you can but don't go butt to calf status. Say you only can do 135lbs with this form. ITS ALL GOOD! You will get a better workout with lower weight and proper form than 225lbs with bad form.

As for the inverted thrusters and side squats, I will make videos of those and post them at a later time because those are different workouts that you may not know. As for the side squats, those are created and designed by yours truly, but thats another blog post later.

Life lesson/knowledge of the day?

Here we go! Did you know that your body has an overall PH to it. Excluding blood which is always constant. But as for the rest of your body it is either acidic or basic based upon your diet. Bananas induce a base and dairy induces acid. What's this mean? When your body is acidic, it leeches calcium out that you excrete through your urine. So when it is basic, you retain more calcium! SO moral of the story is you don't necessarily need to increase calcium intake as much as you need to reduce how much your body leeches out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment