Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Don't Push It

What a day today! I mean it was beautiful weather, easy practice and fierce CrossFit. Sounds like a good day to me! Except me ignoring injuries so they are even worse!




What;s the moral of this blog? You guessed it! Injuries! Why I am cheering, I have no clue. It's not like I am excited about injuries because they suck! In every way possible injuries are no fun! For example, I sprained my lumber area while rowing. So now it is ridiculously tight. What did I do wrong. I kept working out after the injury. We have all had lumber area sprains before they are actually quite common in the fitness world, but despite how little or much they hurt they need rest to get better as does any other injury. I did my whole CrossFit workout today with one and it felt like my back was as stiff as piece if wood. Dumb, yes. Really dumb, YES YES YES! I have a freaking track meet tomorrow. So with a stiff back, no pr's will be achieved. 4 events and all of them will be under par because of my failure to rest my injury. So don;t do the same mistake I did. But on the other hand, I get to write about my WOD today :D

WOD

20 Minute AMRAP

20 Power Cleans
15ft run with 30lb Dumbbells
8 Foot Wall Crossing
45 ft run
8 Foot Wall Crossing
15ft run with 30lb Dumbbells


Finish: 9 rounds and literally 4 steps away from my tenth


Another thing, You may only be 4 steps away from the clean bar on your final run, but whether it be four steps or one step, no matter how close you are, if you don't get to that bar before the time you can;t count that round. You may want to count it because you were so close to it, but a quarter of a second is a quarter of a second. You may win or lose by it and in this case I lost by it. If your frustrated over your loss that's good! It's a sign of passion, but use it as fuel for your next WOD. So when you are in your next AMRAP and have a few seconds to finish, give it your all because you know how it feels to fail by so little, and you don't want to feel that pain again.

Meet Tomorrow

1600m (mile)        Would be happy to start season with a 5:30
110 Hurdles (death)  Would be happy to finish in one piece.
100m                      Would be happy somewhere around 12.2
Discus (back permitting)                Aiming for 80ft to 100ft. Back my screw it up

No comments:

Post a Comment