Man it is getting hot out. Well seems like it is just that time of the year to head to the beach, or lay in front of a fan. They both work. Today marked the official start of my marathon training and also my triathlon training. And so far it is not too bad. For those of you who think I put this on here just to add a pretty lady, SHE ACTUALLY HAS GOOD SQUAT FROM!!!! The rear is back and chest is up.
I want to talk about intensity today. What people think matters is the hours they put in to working out each day. And I feel sorry for those ignorant souls who are going to fitness hell. IT IS NOT ABOUT THE HOURS. Anybody can come sit down in a gym and do three workouts in an hour. Is that hard? NO! What really matters is how filled those hours are.
I guarantee that if you speed your workout up. Lower rest times and not talk at all. Your intensity will increase greatly and you will benefit from the workout much more. Shorten the workouts too. You should never have to spend more than 45 minutes working out lifting weights. If you need more time than that, then you might as well throw your gym time away because you are not getting the maximum benefit. Go big or go home.
Intensity is the key with most things, but not all. For example today was the start of my marathon training. I am following one of Hal Higdon's programs and they are awesome. But they are about building the body up and preparing but not about pure intensity. Save it for race day. Running itself is draining. So for each training run, my mile split should be one minute slower than my goal race day split. I am shooting for a 4 hour marathon so I need to train at 10 minutes miles. And besides I don't mind a nice easy jog everyday.
Workout
CrossFit
1 RM Front Squat 185 lbs
12 min AMRAP
8 Front Squats
8 HSPU (negative)
20 DU
2 Rounds + 2 HSPU
This was more of a form practice than a WOD but it still got me. I need to work on my HSPU.
Swim (not my forte) Will get more intense soon. I promise
2x100 yd breast stroke
2x50m breast stroke breath every 2
2x50m free breath every two
5x100 free
Gym
Squats 3x12 @ 135lbs (easy)
Dips 1x50 (broke up into 10s)
Back Extensions 15,12,8,6 (10,15,25,35)
Incline Sit ups 1x50 (broke up 30,8,6,6)
3 Mile Run (25:01) should be 30:00

No comments:
Post a Comment