Here we are on another day of summer and my calves are way too sore to do anything besides rest. Hate resting but love knowing that my calves will be that much stronger. You have to lose some before you can win some I guess. Well the topic for today is going to be a very deep one but I think one of the most important. Inspiration can carry a man far in the world of fitness.
When you are doing the "Filthy Fifty" or a chipper and are dying and you are only halfway through, who or what do you look to for encouragement and inspiration to finish? The people around you doing the workout? Some CrossFit pro who destroyed the workout that you saw on youtube? Both very good sources and will help you out, but the strongest source of inspiration is yourself. Nobody will be as hard on you and push you as hard as yourself. You need to prove to yourself that you can do something. If you can't push yourself or have the desire to push yourself then how can you expect others to help you.
Not every workout will be in a box with lots of other athletes to aid you in encouragement. It is something that you need to learn how to do on your own. If you prove to yourself that you can do anything, then you will be able to do anything with a little help from a mental talk.
For example, March of 2010, I got Achilles tendon surgery and when I could walk again in may, I had a boot and could hardly walk 400m without being in terrible pain. Exactly one year later at the same event, I ran 30 miles with a marathon split time of 4:48. I could not have done it without some of my friends cheering me along and knowing that there may be some pretty ladies watching me. Haha. But now having completed that and painted my own success story, I know that I can truly do anything.
I AM NO DIFFERENT FROM ANYBODY ELSE. Everybody has the same muscles and body parts as I do. So honestly and truly anybody can do ANYTHING THEY WANT TO ACHIEVE. They may not feel like it because they have not proved it to themselves, but the proving part is just a mental barrier. Before that I could have done anything I wanted but now that I have proved it to myself it is that much easier.
So on a final note. It may take a feat to prove to yourself that you truly are a force to be reckoned with, but everybody from the start no matter what they think is an amazing human being that when applied and dedicated can achieve feats that would thought to be unimaginable.
Workout
Rest
(Was going to go on a 14 mile ride but calves are sore) Better rest than workout destroyed muscles) ( back to full new routine monday after a much needed 5 day break due to overworking my body)

No comments:
Post a Comment