Another day of the beautiful thing we call summer. Now I went to the beach today, but have no fear I still got some exercise in. Now I know that it may be difficult to get your ideal exercise during summer but instead of seeing it as a burden see it as an opportunity to try something new. For example, at the beach today I did a long run in the sand to work my calves a little bit more.
But now onto the real topic. Change things up. It is always good to change your workout schedule from time to time for a multitude of reasons.
1. Keep yourself entertained. Working out should never get boring and feel like a routine thing.
2. Keep those muscles confused to maximize growth and strength
3. Give yourself a few days layover period in between to give your body some rest which it will always like.
As for myself here is what I am changing to.
> Weight lifting two days a week. Two times each day. One muscle group each workout for a total of four muscle groups. Day 1 is chest, back, and shoulders and day 2 is legs, biceps and triceps.
> CrossFit will be 4 days a week.
>Cardio will be 5 days a week (marathon/triathalon training)
> Abs will be 3 days a week
Diet Guidelines will change a little bit with the increased running.
Paleo with a few exceptions
> Milk added
>Whole grains added
>Any drinks containing sugar (exception of cytomax)
> three protein shakes a day (40g protein each)
Workout
2.5 mile sand run

No comments:
Post a Comment