First blog as a high school graduate. And......I feel slightly different only because I have more time for activities. And I am for sure of graduate knowledge for you! Now that I am back to the blogging schedule I am full of stuff to say and ready to blow your minds.
Well it may have been awhile, but I am going to get right down to it.
ITS SUMMER!!!! What does that mean? DON'T OVER DO IT!!!! I may have already done this. Today in the gym I was only able to curl 85 pounds 3 times, should normally be an easy 15 reps for me. Now sometimes it may seem like an off day and you shake it off, but before you say that, look at what you have done previously. For me, the day before, I did a chest workout, lower ab workout, 6 mile run, CrossFit, and soccer training. So it was no off day for me. I had worked my body past what it should be able to do.
It does not matter if you feel like you want to workout more or you feel that you need to. Your body can only take so much before it starts to cut out on you for its own health. LISTEN TO IT. Stop lifting, stop running, and lay down and catch some sun. Enjoy life. Read something insightful.
Why am I making a big deal of this whole thing? Injuries happen when you workout past the point when your body can give you 100%. Shin splints, impingement, tendinitis, and pinched nerves; all of these are common injuries from overworking. Injuries are no fun, so let's not put ourselves at risk.
CrossFit
1000m row
1 min rest
100 Double Unders
Row Time : 3:25
DU Time: 2:42
Cardio
6 mile bike ride (ended because my tire got a pinch flat).. :(

No comments:
Post a Comment