Back to working out and man oh man does it feel good! What better thing to do then hit it harder than ever after a few days break. And as for the rest of my day, . Exactly, I will do nothing. It is summer and I am going to enjoy it by sitting and enjoying myself.
So lets talk about something very important that I have a problem with sometimes and I have a feeling that I am not the only one out there. I will say it so others don't have to. YOU NEED TO DO YOUR WOD WITH PROPER FORM! Sometimes this may mean you cannot go rx on the WOD. Hurts the ego yes, but saves the body.
For me the snatch is my Achilles heel. Strength wise it is not bad for me, but when it comes to the shrug and keeping the bar right against me, I start to lose it. I can get the weight up, just not in a pretty fashion. So it kills me, but sometimes I just have to drop the weight to nail that form and knock out those reps perfectly.
Lets go over proper snatch form now. Start with the bar on the ground, squat down keeping a tight back and proper dead-lift stance. Now get your wide snatch grip. From here you will explode in a dead-lift movement and when all the way up you will shrug your shoulders and drive forward with your hips at the same time. At the top of your shrug, start to lift your arms and "jump" under the bar. Lockout the bar in an overhead position and catch it in an overhead squat with legs past parallel. Squat it up and your good.
Workout
4.5 mile bike ride to CrossFit
CrossFit
Partner Workout With Brad G.
2,000m total switch every 500m
5,000 lbs total ground to overhead 85lbs (10 snatch, 20 C&J) SHOULD HAVE GONE WAAYY HEAVIER!!!!!
200 total ab mat sit-ups (100)
150 total jumping lunges (75)
time of: 22:13
Sprint workout Sled Push
4 pushes at 45lb plates
4 pushes at 45+35lb plates
4.5 mile bike ride home

No comments:
Post a Comment