Well here we are again with another day of fitness and blogging. I mean what more is there to life than those two things? I mean sure it is the cool thing to do to have a hot girlfriend and the play Call Of Duty Block Ops with the bros but neither of those come close to pure exercise and the rush it gives people... or maybe it is just me...
Time to do work son! So there are different types of strength out there. I mean you have people who can lift high volume (power lifters), endurnace (runners/cyclists etc...), and practical strength (CrossFit). Now sure someone can squat 400 pounds but is there a realife application for something like that? The answer is in 99% of people's lives, no. So what's the use in that kind of strength? To be honest it's only there for bragging rights which are pointless. CrossFit preaches that it's not how much or how many, but it is how fast. So the movements are onyl body weight lets say, but they are way more practical, for example, pull ups, push ups,unges, squat jumps all body weight. Now those will pay off when you are in daily life and playing sports or just walking up stairs. When will you ever have to push a 300lb board off your chest in real life? Never. The bench press movement is not a very practical one either. Now a push press can apply in lifting anything overhead or of that nature we all do sometime each month.
So the next time you are lifting, stray away from the olympic lifts and look for workouts that are more practical in movement nd weight. It is what us CrossFitters preach to all of those who follow us and has worked for us so well.
Now I realize I havent done a true WOD i quite some time and to be honest I have had impingement for a while so that put me out of commision and track is eating me up with time. But I assure you, that any spare time I have can be given to CrossFit!
Track
Discus practice. 96 feet
5 mile run at 65%
Workout
4x(10,8,8,8)
Squat Cleans
Sumo Deadlift
Side Squats
Squat Jumps
Isometric Squats ( hold at bottom position for 5 seconds)
CrossFit
Form Practice of Overhead Squat. Nobody likes them... NOBODY!

No comments:
Post a Comment