Here we are on the night of preferential with the lovely ladies of Alpha Phi. I found out the other day that I gave my rose to a senior, but that does not phase me. I take on Fran everyday and come out on top so a senior will not phase me. She does CrossFit too so that is an instant bond! Anyways I am a nerd at chemistry as I destroyed my test but let us get to fitness and CrossFit.
Some people feel as if they cannot get a good workout if they are out of a routine. Say yo go to the 6am class everyday, but this morning you just could not get up. That certainly does not mean you cannot workout for the day. Who cares if it is in between classes or during your lunch break, CrossFit can happen anywhere and anytime. Doing some simple tabata push ups or squats will suffice if they are in a CrossFit Gym or in the corner of your office, it is still a workout.
That leads me to my next topic that is strayed away from this post but very important. The deadlift. DO NOT DO IT WRONG! This lift will turn your back into the devil if done incorrectly. So I just want to go over this real fast because today in the gym on campus I saw some frat meat head body builder doing deadlifts. or at least his excuse for them. Sure it was 315 and he looked good for the ladies but he was wincing in pain with every rep.
1- Grab the bar a little bit outside your knees and use whatever grip you feel comfortable.
2-Make sure your hips are back, hamstrings are tight.
3-Ensure that your back is in a tight lumbar curve. You need to imagine that no matter what happens, even if I were to come at you and pounce on you, that your back will keep your lumbar curve nice and tight!)
4-Start the lift with your legs.
5- After the legs comes the hips. Open them up.
6- The back should stay in a tight lumbar curve and end straight up as you open your hips
7- Stop when straight, don't do that globo gym douche over extension of the back. It is worthless and looks funny. We all can tell that you just want to demonstrate a pelvic thrust.
With that being said. Hit the squats, grow those legs and stay paleo.
Strength
Every Minute on the Minute for 15 minutes
2 Deadlifts 225#
2 HSPU
WODs
5 rounds
15 sit ups
10 ab thrusts
100 bicycle cash out
20-15-10
Wallballs 20#
Push ups
Squats
Short metcons but I had to get something in

No comments:
Post a Comment