Total Pageviews

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Games

Long time no blog eh? Well let's fix that. Over the past few days I have had some great experiences. I went to the Crossfit Games, and dropped in to two different boxes in San Diego.




Let us start out with the games. It was the single greatest event that I have ever been too. I have never such such athleticism or strength in my life. Those people truly are the fittest people on earth. They top any other sport on this planet. Hands down. I don;t want to waste too much time on this but it was amazing and you should watch the highlights on the HQ website.

Next, I dropped into two different boxes to begin my journey of finding the right box for me in San Diego. The first was CrossFit Socal which I really liked. Short ceiling so there are no true 15 foot rope climbs, but the trainer and facility was awesome. The next one was Crossfit San Diego. Didnt really care for the trainer but what I did care for was the pr I got on the Filthy Fifty. 21:03!!!!

But onto working out! I have not ran for about a week and a half due to knee and hip flexor injuries. It is difficult to rest from something like that but I know the only way I will get better is to rest. Now my knee problem is runner's knee. Whats the solution? Deeper squats!!!

Yes I said it, the way to the healthiest knee possible is to go deep on everything. I developed runner's knee from running a lot and my leg muscles were becoming imbalanced causing my patella to slide side ways. You can re balance the knee muscles out with deep squats. Each position on a squat hits a certain muscle, and when you go deep you hit those muscles that never get hit while running or doing a box squat. It seems counter intuitive but it is the truth I promise.

As for today's workout, there is none. I have a competition tomorrow that I want to be fresh for. I know I can destroy all the gymnastics and metcon in it, rope climbs, push ups, double unders, squats, dead lifts, pull ups, sit ups, box jumps are all a piece of cake. But ground to shoulder atlas stone of 115# could be interesting and the max lift is the snatch my favorite..... I am shooting for a good snatch of 135. I can get down in the squat with the qeight overhead, but I can never lock it out, I need to really throw my hips to catch it behind my head so I can lock it out because the weight always falls forward. We will see how the competition goes tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment